Saturday, December 3, 2011

Hello, and Other Greetings

I started a blog.

Yes, divine revelation right there, I know. I've been wanting to blog for a while now but I never really thought it would be productive. I'm learning about pragmatism in one of my classes (I am a college student), and one of the central tenants of their philosophy is that learning occurs through interaction. Which would defeat the purpose of this blog. I'll write stuff that I've been mulling over (or post a picture of a puppy-both are liable to happen here) and no one would read my blog. Why would they? Thus, I would be talking to the sky basically. That's why I've held out for so long.

Then I had a thought: forget that, I like to ramble. And so this blog was born (with a little extra push from some friends). Who cares if no one reads this? No one reads my thoughts (I hope), but I still think them. Why shouldn't I blog?

It took a bit of time to develop a suitable name for my blog, until I dissed one of my friends while brainstorming ideas. I had the page open and it told me to "Insert blog title...." and I stared at it, hoping words would appear in the box. Then the aforementioned dissing occurred. My friend's mouth dropped and I remarked "Oh snap it went there!"A spark illuminated in my brain ( I imagine thats how great ideas are expressed) and 15 minutes later, I finished this sentence.

I feel it would be pointless to list a bunch of facts about me you are likely to forget (like that my favorite color is blue), so I'll just continue to update this blog and you can learn more about me that way.

As promised, cute puppy photos:


1 comment:

  1. Is that a real puppy, because it's almost too cute to be real.

    ReplyDelete